Skip header and navigation

Revise Search

6 records – page 1 of 1.

Mitchell F. Hepburn and the Liberal Party in the Provice of Ontario, 1937-1943

https://inmagic.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives124364
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Elgin County Microform Collection
Description Level
Item
GMD
records on microform
Accession Number
2003-17
Storage Location
Microfilm Cabinet Drawer #19
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Elgin County Microform Collection
Creator
Author: David James Bryan Overton
Description Level
Item
Item Number
MF-2453
Accession Number
2003-17
Storage Room
Archives Microform Room
Storage Location
Microfilm Cabinet Drawer #19
GMD
records on microform
Publication
Richard M. Alway, 1973
Physical Description
1 microfilm reel : 35 mm
Scope and Content
"Mitchell F. Hepburn and the Liberal Party in the Provice of Ontario, 1937-1943, by Richard M. Alway. A thesis submitted in conformity with the regulations for the degree of Masters of Arts at the University of Toronto, 1965".
Name Access
Hepburn, Mitchell
Subject Access
Politics

Correspondence

https://inmagic.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives171691
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Kenneth Williamson fonds
Description Level
File
GMD
textual records
Date Range
1952-1956
Accession Number
2014-17
Storage Location
C3 Sh4 B9 F4
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Kenneth Williamson fonds
Description Level
File
Accession Number
2014-17
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 105
Storage Location
C3 Sh4 B9 F4
GMD
textual records
Date Range
1952-1956
Series
Kenneth Williamson fonds - Municipal politics series
Physical Description
0.1 cm of textual records
History / Biographical
Kenneth "Ken" McIver Williamson was born in Kintore, Ontario on December 18, 1913 to Harry and Edna (nee McIver) Williamson. He was married to Olive Norah Williamson (nee Pickston) in 1958 and was predeceased by his first wife, Edith L. Williamson (nee Row) in 1957. He had one daughter, Mary E. Stout, who died in 1996. Williamson was a member of Knox Presbyterian Church, St. Thomas and formerly of St. Paul's United Church, Aylmer. Throughout his life, Ken was involved in several businesses. He owned Glencoe Creamery (1937 - 1938), Aylmer Dairy (1938-1941), Home Dairy, Bakery and Cafeteria in St.Thomas (1942-1945) and Avon Milling Company. Williamson built and operated the Royal Theatre in West Lorne with his partner Bob McEwan. He also built the Strand Theatre in Aylmer 1947, and owned the Aylmer Bank of Montreal building until was destroyed by fire in 1959. He worked also worked as a real estate agent, as well as in general insurance. He was eventually employed by Denton-Vance Insurance in Tillsonburg. Williamson was also active in municipal politics, serving on Aylmer Town Council and as Reeve from 1952-1956. He was Warden of Elgin County in 1954, a member of the Board of Governors of Memorial Hospital, St. Thomas from 1952-1954 and for the St.Thomas Elgin General Hospital from 1954-1978, also serving as Chairman from 1955-1957. Williamson was a member of McColl Lodge 386, West Lorne, affiliated with Malahide Lodge 140, Aylmer in 1940, and was a Past Master and a Life Member. He was a life Member and Past Grand Steward of the Grand Lodge of Canada in the Province of Ontario, a 33rd Degree Mason and a member of the Mocha Shrine in London, Ontario.
Scope and Content
File contains correspondence written or received by Kenneth Williamson during his tenure as the Reeve of Aylmer (1952-1956) and Warden, County of Elgin (1954).
Name Access
Williamson, Kenneth M.
Subject Access
Politics
Municipal Officials

Ephemera collected by Kenneth Williamson

https://inmagic.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives171692
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Kenneth Williamson fonds
Description Level
File
GMD
textual records
Date Range
1953-1954
Accession Number
2014-17
Storage Location
C3 Sh4 B9 F5
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Kenneth Williamson fonds
Description Level
File
Accession Number
2014-17
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 105
Storage Location
C3 Sh4 B9 F5
GMD
textual records
Date Range
1953-1954
Series
Kenneth Williamson fonds - Municipal politics series
Physical Description
0.3 cm of textual records
History / Biographical
Kenneth "Ken" McIver Williamson was born in Kintore, Ontario on December 18, 1913 to Harry and Edna (nee McIver) Williamson. He was married to Olive Norah Williamson (nee Pickston) in 1958 and was predeceased by his first wife, Edith L. Williamson (nee Row) in 1957. He had one daughter, Mary E. Stout, who died in 1996. Williamson was a member of Knox Presbyterian Church, St. Thomas and formerly of St. Paul's United Church, Aylmer. Throughout his life, Ken was involved in several businesses. He owned Glencoe Creamery (1937 - 1938), Aylmer Dairy (1938-1941), Home Dairy, Bakery and Cafeteria in St.Thomas (1942-1945) and Avon Milling Company. Williamson built and operated the Royal Theatre in West Lorne with his partner Bob McEwan. He also built the Strand Theatre in Aylmer 1947, and owned the Aylmer Bank of Montreal building until was destroyed by fire in 1959. He worked also worked as a real estate agent, as well as in general insurance. He was eventually employed by Denton-Vance Insurance in Tillsonburg. Williamson was also active in municipal politics, serving on Aylmer Town Council and as Reeve from 1952-1956. He was Warden of Elgin County in 1954, a member of the Board of Governors of Memorial Hospital, St. Thomas from 1952-1954 and for the St.Thomas Elgin General Hospital from 1954-1978, also serving as Chairman from 1955-1957. Williamson was a member of McColl Lodge 386, West Lorne, affiliated with Malahide Lodge 140, Aylmer in 1940, and was a Past Master and a Life Member. He was a life Member and Past Grand Steward of the Grand Lodge of Canada in the Province of Ontario, a 33rd Degree Mason and a member of the Mocha Shrine in London, Ontario.
Scope and Content
File contains ephemera collected by Kenneth Williamson during his tenure as Reeve, Town of Aylmer (1952-1956) and Warden, County of Elgin in 1954. Includes programs for events he attended as an elected municipal official. Includes the following items:
-Program, Dutton Highland Games, August 3, 1953
-List showing County of Elgin Officials, County Council, Standing Committees, and Municipal Clerks and Treasurers for the year 1954.
-Program, Children's Aid Society of the City of St. Thomas and the County of Elgin's Diamond Jubilee celebration, February 22, 1954.
-Program, Government of Ontario Luncheon to mark the official opening of the Ontario Food Terminal, July 21, 1954.
-Program, Complimentary Dinner at the Ontario Municipal Assocation Annual Convention, August 23-25, 1954.
-Tentative Program, Ontario Municipal Association 56th Annual Convention, August 23-25, 1954.
-Program, the Fourth Western Ontario Cash Crop Day on the Ontario Hospital Farm, October 5, 1954.
-Program, Elgin County Junior Farmers and Junior Institute's 27th Annual Banquet and Dance, October 29, 1954.
-Program, official opening of Central Elgin Junior Collegiate Institute, November 19, 1954.
-Program, Elgin County Holstein Breeders' Club Annual Banquet, December 3, 1954.
-Program, The Warden's Dinner (Middlesex County), December 14, 1954.
-Program, The University of Western Ontario Special Convocation for the conferring of an honorary degreed on Albert Edward Silverwood, December 16, 1954.
Name Access
Williamson, Kenneth M.
Subject Access
Politics
Municipal Officials

Miscellaneous records collected by Kenneth Williamson

https://inmagic.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives171694
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Kenneth Williamson fonds
Description Level
File
GMD
textual records
Date Range
1953-1992
Accession Number
2014-17
Storage Location
C3 Sh4 B9 F6
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Kenneth Williamson fonds
Description Level
File
Accession Number
2014-17
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 105
Storage Location
C3 Sh4 B9 F6
GMD
textual records
Date Range
1953-1992
Series
Kenneth Williamson fonds - Municipal politics series
Physical Description
0.2 cm of textual records
History / Biographical
Kenneth "Ken" McIver Williamson was born in Kintore, Ontario on December 18, 1913 to Harry and Edna (nee McIver) Williamson. He was married to Olive Norah Williamson (nee Pickston) in 1958 and was predeceased by his first wife, Edith L. Williamson (nee Row) in 1957. He had one daughter, Mary E. Stout, who died in 1996. Williamson was a member of Knox Presbyterian Church, St. Thomas and formerly of St. Paul's United Church, Aylmer. Throughout his life, Ken was involved in several businesses. He owned Glencoe Creamery (1937 - 1938), Aylmer Dairy (1938-1941), Home Dairy, Bakery and Cafeteria in St.Thomas (1942-1945) and Avon Milling Company. Williamson built and operated the Royal Theatre in West Lorne with his partner Bob McEwan. He also built the Strand Theatre in Aylmer 1947, and owned the Aylmer Bank of Montreal building until was destroyed by fire in 1959. He worked also worked as a real estate agent, as well as in general insurance. He was eventually employed by Denton-Vance Insurance in Tillsonburg. Williamson was also active in municipal politics, serving on Aylmer Town Council and as Reeve from 1952-1956. He was Warden of Elgin County in 1954, a member of the Board of Governors of Memorial Hospital, St. Thomas from 1952-1954 and for the St.Thomas Elgin General Hospital from 1954-1978, also serving as Chairman from 1955-1957. Williamson was a member of McColl Lodge 386, West Lorne, affiliated with Malahide Lodge 140, Aylmer in 1940, and was a Past Master and a Life Member. He was a life Member and Past Grand Steward of the Grand Lodge of Canada in the Province of Ontario, a 33rd Degree Mason and a member of the Mocha Shrine in London, Ontario.
Scope and Content
File contains miscellaneous records collected by Kenneth Williamson during his tenure as Reeve, Town of Aylmer (1952-1956) and Warden, County of Elgin in 1954. Includes programs for events he attended as an elected municipal official. Includes the following items:
-Meeting minutes for the First Meeting of the Ontario Municipal Association Convention Committee, June 1, 1954.
-List of Wardens, County of Elgin, showing previous wardens for the years 1852-1992.
Name Access
Williamson, Kenneth M.
Subject Access
Politics
Municipal Officials

Municipal Politics series

https://inmagic.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives171703
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Kenneth Williamson fonds
Description Level
Series
GMD
textual records
Date Range
1952-1956
Accession Number
2014-17
Storage Location
C3 Sh4 B9
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Kenneth Williamson fonds
Description Level
Series
Accession Number
2014-17
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 105
Storage Location
C3 Sh4 B9
GMD
textual records
Date Range
1952-1956
Series
Kenneth Williamson fonds - Municipal politics series
Physical Description
1.0 cm of textual records
History / Biographical
Kenneth "Ken" McIver Williamson was born in Kintore, Ontario on December 18, 1913 to Harry and Edna (nee McIver) Williamson. He was married to Olive Norah Williamson (nee Pickston) in 1958 and was predeceased by his first wife, Edith L. Williamson (nee Row) in 1957. He had one daughter, Mary E. Stout, who died in 1996. Williamson was a member of Knox Presbyterian Church, St. Thomas and formerly of St. Paul's United Church, Aylmer. Throughout his life, Ken was involved in several businesses. He owned Glencoe Creamery (1937 - 1938), Aylmer Dairy (1938-1941), Home Dairy, Bakery and Cafeteria in St.Thomas (1942-1945) and Avon Milling Company. Williamson built and operated the Royal Theatre in West Lorne with his partner Bob McEwan. He also built the Strand Theatre in Aylmer 1947, and owned the Aylmer Bank of Montreal building until was destroyed by fire in 1959. He worked also worked as a real estate agent, as well as in general insurance. He was eventually employed by Denton-Vance Insurance in Tillsonburg. Williamson was also active in municipal politics, serving on Aylmer Town Council and as Reeve from 1952-1956. He was Warden of Elgin County in 1954, a member of the Board of Governors of Memorial Hospital, St. Thomas from 1952-1954 and for the St.Thomas Elgin General Hospital from 1954-1978, also serving as Chairman from 1955-1957. Williamson was a member of McColl Lodge 386, West Lorne, affiliated with Malahide Lodge 140, Aylmer in 1940, and was a Past Master and a Life Member. He was a life Member and Past Grand Steward of the Grand Lodge of Canada in the Province of Ontario, a 33rd Degree Mason and a member of the Mocha Shrine in London, Ontario.
Scope and Content
Series contains correspondence, prepared speeches and greetings, ephemera and miscellaneous records created or collected by Kenneth Williamson during his tenure as Reeve, Town of Aylmer (1952-1956) and Warden, County of Elgin (1954).
Name Access
Williamson, Kenneth M.
Subject Access
Politics
Municipal Officials

Speeches and Greetings from Kenneth Williamson

https://inmagic.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives171704
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Kenneth Williamson fonds
Description Level
File
GMD
textual records
Date Range
1952-1956
Accession Number
2014-17
Storage Location
C3 Sh4 B9 F3
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Kenneth Williamson fonds
Description Level
File
Accession Number
2014-17
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 105
Storage Location
C3 Sh4 B9 F3
GMD
textual records
Date Range
1952-1956
Series
Kenneth Williamson fonds - Municipal politics series
Physical Description
0.4 cm of textual records
History / Biographical
Kenneth "Ken" McIver Williamson was born in Kintore, Ontario on December 18, 1913 to Harry and Edna (nee McIver) Williamson. He was married to Olive Norah Williamson (nee Pickston) in 1958 and was predeceased by his first wife, Edith L. Williamson (nee Row) in 1957. He had one daughter, Mary E. Stout, who died in 1996. Williamson was a member of Knox Presbyterian Church, St. Thomas and formerly of St. Paul's United Church, Aylmer. Throughout his life, Ken was involved in several businesses. He owned Glencoe Creamery (1937 - 1938), Aylmer Dairy (1938-1941), Home Dairy, Bakery and Cafeteria in St.Thomas (1942-1945) and Avon Milling Company. Williamson built and operated the Royal Theatre in West Lorne with his partner Bob McEwan. He also built the Strand Theatre in Aylmer 1947, and owned the Aylmer Bank of Montreal building until was destroyed by fire in 1959. He worked also worked as a real estate agent, as well as in general insurance. He was eventually employed by Denton-Vance Insurance in Tillsonburg. Williamson was also active in municipal politics, serving on Aylmer Town Council and as Reeve from 1952-1956. He was Warden of Elgin County in 1954, a member of the Board of Governors of Memorial Hospital, St. Thomas from 1952-1954 and for the St.Thomas Elgin General Hospital from 1954-1978, also serving as Chairman from 1955-1957. Williamson was a member of McColl Lodge 386, West Lorne, affiliated with Malahide Lodge 140, Aylmer in 1940, and was a Past Master and a Life Member. He was a life Member and Past Grand Steward of the Grand Lodge of Canada in the Province of Ontario, a 33rd Degree Mason and a member of the Mocha Shrine in London, Ontario.
Scope and Content
File contains prepared speeches and greetings presented by Kenneth Williamson at various events during his tenure as the Reeve of Aylmer (1952-1956) and Warden, County of Elgin (1954).
Name Access
Williamson, Kenneth M.
Subject Access
Politics
Municipal Officials

6 records – page 1 of 1.