Skip header and navigation

Revise Search

10 records – page 1 of 1.

William Ramey's Ford Coupe

https://inmagic.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives131210
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Talbotville Women's Institute fonds
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1920
Storage Location
R6 S1 Sh3 B2 F2 107b
  1 image     1 website  
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Talbotville Women's Institute fonds
Creator
Talbotville Women's Institute
Description Level
Item
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 107
Storage Location
R6 S1 Sh3 B2 F2 107b
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1920
Publication
Published in the St. Thomas Times-Journal Bygone Days feature, and on the Archives flickr site, October 9, 2014: https://www.flickr.com/photos/elgincountyarchives/15495133151/in/photostream/.
Series
Talbotville Women's Institute fonds- Tweedsmuir History series
Physical Description
1 photograph : b&w
Scope and Content
One black and white phototgraph shows the first Ford Coupe in Talbotville, owned and driven by Mr. William Ramey. Mr. Walter Auckland is the passenger. Included in the Talbotville Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History, Volume Two.
Name Access
Talbotville (Ont.)
Talbotville Women's Institute
Subject Access
Transportation
Automobiles
URL Notes
Link directs to the source information for this image, from the Tweedsmuir book.
Images
Websites / Street View

Ford Sales and Service, St. Thomas

https://inmagic.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives109297
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Scott Studio fonds
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
1927
Storage Location
Box 179, Envelope 2010
  4 images     1 website  
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Scott Studio fonds
Description Level
Item
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 107
Storage Location
Box 179, Envelope 2010
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
1927
Publication
179_2010a was published in the St. Thomas Times-Journal Bygone Days feature, and on the Archives flickr site, June 3, 2016: https://www.flickr.com/photos/elgincountyarchives/27407954326/in/dateposted-public/.
179_2010d published in "The Scott-Sefton Collection: Elgin's History Through A Photographer's Lens, Volume 1", pg. 97.
All images posted on Facebook: October 5, 2020.
179_201-a was posted on Instagram and Twitter: October 5, 2020.
Physical Description
Glass-plate negative
Scope and Content
Exterior and interior photos showing Ford Sales and Service car dealership, parts department and repair shop, 10 Mondamin Street, St. Thomas, 1927. The business was operated by James A. Mulligan and was located on the west side of Mondamin Street, just north of Talbot Street. 179_2010c and 179_2010d include partial views of the rear of the Columbia Theatre on the northwest corner of Mondamin and Talbot Streets.
Down the Street to Yesterday Zone 29 (Hiawatha to Mondamin).
Name Access
St. Thomas (Ont.)
Subject Access
Automobiles
Business and Industry
Retail
URL Notes
For contemporary view see Google Street View, accessed August 21, 2014.
Images
Websites / Street View

Ernest Schram in "Schram's Garage" automobile

https://inmagic.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives111961
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Scott Studio fonds
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1923
Storage Location
Box 100, Envelope 97305
  1 image     2 websites  
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Scott Studio fonds
Description Level
Item
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 107
Storage Location
Box 100, Envelope 97305
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1923
Publication
Posted on Facebook: July 2, 2021.
Physical Description
Glass-plate negative
Physical Condition
Good
Scope and Content
View of Ernest Schram sitting in a service vehicle branded with 'Schram's Garage', which was parked beside an advertising sign for the business. Schram's Garage was located at 65 Wilson Avenue, St. Thomas. Ernest Schram operated the garage. The Wilson Avenue Armoury is visible in background. Playground equipment and a number of children playing can be seen on the Armoury grounds. St. Thomas Street Railway tracks can be seen running in the centre median on Wilson Avenue. The cars have licence plates dated 1923.
Name Access
St. Thomas (Ont.)
Wilson Avenue Armoury
St. Thomas Street Railway
Subject Access
Business and Industry
Railways
Automobiles
URL Notes
First URL directs to a social media post featuring the image, published on July 2, 2021.
Second URL directs to a more recent street view.
Images
Websites / Street View

Maud Bray's Store

https://inmagic.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives143247
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Kingsmill-Mapleton Women's Institute fonds
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
1912
Accession Number
2010-4
Storage Location
R3 S4 Sh6 B2 F1 279a
  1 image     1 website  
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Kingsmill-Mapleton Women's Institute fonds
Description Level
Item
Accession Number
2010-4
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 107
Storage Location
R3 S4 Sh6 B2 F1 279a
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
1912
Series
Kingsmill-Mapleton Women's Institute fonds- Tweedsmuir History series
Physical Description
1 photograph : b&w
Scope and Content
Black and white photograph of individuals standing in front of Maud Bray's store in Mapleton, 1912, included in the Kingsmill-Mapleton Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History, Volume Three, page 279. Seen at left is Charlie Cabott in a Ford Model T.
Name Access
Kingsmill-Mapleton Women's Institute
Kingsmill (Ont.)
Mapleton (Ont.)
Subject Access
Tweedsmuir Histories
Automobiles
URL Notes
Link directs to the source information for this image, from the Tweedsmuir book.
Images
Websites / Street View

Disbrowe Motors, St. Thomas - Disbrowe Motors Opening

https://inmagic.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives117713
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
St. Thomas Times-Journal fonds
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
1966
Accession Number
2008-01
Storage Location
C2 Sh1 B3 F18 2
  8 images     1 website  
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
St. Thomas Times-Journal fonds
Creator
St. Thomas Times-Journal
Description Level
Item
Accession Number
2008-01
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 105
Storage Location
C2 Sh1 B3 F18 2
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
1966
Series
St. Thomas Times-Journal fonds - Disbrowe Motors, St. Thomas file
Physical Description
8 photographs : b&w ; 8.5 x 8 cm or smaller
Scope and Content
Eight black and white photographs used in St. Thomas Times-Journal article published September 28, 1966 with captions:
" Disbrowe Motors new showroom and service facilities located on Talbot Street at Alma. The new premises triples the new car showroom and more than doubles the service facilities. Service customers will not enter off Alma Street where new parking facilities have been provided." (2a) View is of the northwest corner of Talbot and Alma Streets, looking west along Talbot Street and north along Alma Street. Disbrowe Motors showroom and service entrance are visible. International Hotel is partially visible.
" Disbrowe Motors is proud of the prompt and efficient service the firm is able to provide to its customers, which is the only possible because of the well-appointed staff in its body shop and maintenance departments. Here is a portion of the staff, from left to right: Donald Bryden, Ronald Simspon, Al Hoekstra, Stuart Kilmer, Joe Hodgins, Robert Abbott, Chester Gordon, Andy Damjanovich." (2b)
" This is only a portion of the large sales and office staff ready to serve the customers of Disbrowe Motors. From left to right: Hugh Wiles, William Speight, George Agur, office manager, Harold Black, and William Donovan." (2c)
" There are nine salemen on the staff of Disbrowe Motors available to serve the motoring public at all times. From left to right: Harold Hudson, Robert Bennett, Richard Rawlings, Bruce Barrett, and Murray Black." " (2d)
" A major cog in the big operation at Disbrowe Motors, 827 Talbot Street, is the competent office staff. Here are three members of the department, from left to right, Miss Catherine Minahan, Miss Judy Andrew and Mrs. William Loveday." (2e)
" The service and parts departments at Disbrowe Motors take great pirde in keeping the firm's customers happy by offering the best in service and equipment. Here is a portion of the staff. From left to right: Gordon Rawlings, service manager; Allen Perry, body shop manager; Wallace Crawford, Leroy Vaughan, Robert Christensen, Lawrence Feairs, service station manager; William Monteith, Robert Thomas, Edward Ward, Bud Lorch, Percy Frayne, parts department manager." (2f)
2g was not published in the paper. Retained for reference by the St. Thomas Times Journal. Pictures the service department staff of Disbrowe Motors, St. Thomas.
2h was not published in the paper. Retained for reference by the St. Thomas Times Journal. Pictures the sales and office staff of Disbrowe Motors, St. Thomas.
Down the Street to Yesterday Zone 35 (2a and 2c) (Manitoba to Alma).
Name Access
St. Thomas (Ont.)
St. Thomas Times-Journal
Disbrowe Motors
Subject Access
Newspapers
Automobiles
Business and Industry
URL Notes
For contemporary view see Google Street View, accessed August 21, 2014.
Images
Websites / Street View

Bill Greenaway Ford Sales Limited, St. Thomas - New Facilities

https://inmagic.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives121710
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
St. Thomas Times-Journal fonds
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
1966
Accession Number
2008-01
Storage Location
C1 Sh1 B1 F121 2
  2 images     1 website  
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
St. Thomas Times-Journal fonds
Creator
St. Thomas Times-Journal
Description Level
Item
Accession Number
2008-01
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 105
Storage Location
C1 Sh1 B1 F121 2
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
1966
Series
St. Thomas Times-Journal fonds - Bill Greenaway Ford Sales Limited, St. Thomas file
Physical Description
2 photographs : b&w ; 12.5 x 18.5 cm or smaller
Scope and Content
Two black and white photographs used in St. Thomas Times-Journal article published February 10, 1966 with captions:
" The new showroom at Greenway Ford has been enlarged and renovated." (2a)
" The Greenway Ford premises on Talbot Street at 329 Talbot Street, St. Thomas." (2b)
Down the Street to Yesterday Zone 26 (Pearl to East)
Name Access
St. Thomas (Ont.)
St. Thomas Times-Journal
Bill Greenaway Ford Sales Limited
Subject Access
Newspapers
Business and Industry
Automobiles
URL Notes
For contemporary view see Google Street View, accessed August 20, 2014.
Images
Websites / Street View

Modes of Transportation

https://inmagic.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives113486
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Cowal Women's Institute fonds
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1900-1940
Accession Number
2011-12
Storage Location
C7 Sh5 B5 F2 81
  6 images     1 website  
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Cowal Women's Institute fonds
Description Level
Item
Accession Number
2011-12
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 105
Storage Location
C7 Sh5 B5 F2 81
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1900-1940
Series
Cowal Women's Institute fonds - Tweedsmuir History series
Physical Description
6 photographs : b&w
Scope and Content
Six black and white photographs of various forms of transportation from horse and buggie to airplane, included in the Cowal Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History, Volume Two, page 81. Photo 81e was taken in 1934 at Wasaga Beach.
Name Access
Cowal Women's Institute
Cowal (Ont.)
Subject Access
Women's Institutes
Tweedsmuir Histories
Transportation
Automobiles
URL Notes
Link directs to the source information for this image, from the Tweedsmuir book.
Images
Websites / Street View

Construction, September 10, 1952

https://inmagic.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives22151
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
St. Thomas-Elgin General Hospital Archives fonds
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
1952
Accession Number
2008-13
Storage Location
C6 Sh6 B8 F1 #41
  1 image     1 website  
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
St. Thomas-Elgin General Hospital Archives fonds
Creator
Stollery Studio
Description Level
Item
Accession Number
2008-13
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 105
Storage Location
C6 Sh6 B8 F1 #41
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
1952
Publication
June 10, 2021: Posted to Facebook and Instagram.
Series
St. Thomas-Elgin General Hospital Archives fonds - Photographs series
Physical Description
1 photograph : b&w ; 20.5 x 25.5 cm
Scope and Content
Black and white photograph showing the construction of the St. Thomas-Elgin General Hospital, St. Thomas, Ontario, September 10, 1952.
Name Access
St. Thomas-Elgin General Hospital
St. Thomas (Ont.)
Stollery Studio
Subject Access
Hospitals
URL Notes
Link directs to a Facebook post that features image. Published on June 9, 2021.
Images
Websites / Street View

First Automobile in West Lorne

https://inmagic.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives34523
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
West Lorne Women's Institute fonds
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1915
Accession Number
2006-21
Storage Location
R6 S6 Sh1 B3 F1 114a
  1 image     1 website  
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
West Lorne Women's Institute fonds
Description Level
Item
Accession Number
2006-21
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 107
Storage Location
R6 S6 Sh1 B3 F1 114a
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1915
Publication
Published in the Bygone Days section of the St. Thomas Times-Journal and on the Archives' flickr site: May 8, 2013.
Series
West Lorne Women's Institute fonds - Tweedsmuir History series
Physical Description
1 photograph : b&w
Scope and Content
Black and white photograph showing the first automobile in West Lorne, Ontario, circa 1910s, owned by Archibald McKillop. Included in West Lorne Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History, Volume Two, page 114.
Name Access
West Lorne Women's Institute
West Lorne (Ont.)
Subject Access
Tweedsmuir Histories
Women's Institutes
Automobiles
URL Notes
Link directs to the source information for this image, from the Tweedsmuir book.
Images
Websites / Street View

Second Automobile in West Lorne

https://inmagic.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives34524
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
West Lorne Women's Institute fonds
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1915
Accession Number
2006-21
Storage Location
R6 S6 Sh1 B3 F1 114b
  1 image     1 website  
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
West Lorne Women's Institute fonds
Description Level
Item
Accession Number
2006-21
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 107
Storage Location
R6 S6 Sh1 B3 F1 114b
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1915
Publication
Published in "Harvest of Memories: Elgin's History Through a Photographer's Lens-Volume II" on page 33.
Series
West Lorne Women's Institute fonds - Tweedsmuir History series
Physical Description
1 photograph : b&w
Scope and Content
Black and white photograph showing the second automobile in West Lorne, Ontario, circa 1910s, owned by James Fuller. Included in West Lorne Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History, Volume Two, page 114.
Name Access
West Lorne Women's Institute
West Lorne (Ont.)
Subject Access
Tweedsmuir Histories
Women's Institutes
Automobiles
URL Notes
Link directs to the source information for this image, from the Tweedsmuir book.
Images
Websites / Street View

10 records – page 1 of 1.