- Biography of Dr. John Henry Wilson, by Mrs. Dorothy M. Mayer, St. Thomas, Ontario, 1973, photocopy of a typescript in a plastic binder
- photocopy of St. Thomas Medical Men of the Past, by Dr. James D. Curtis, 1946
- assorted newspaper articles.
- postcard of the Amasa Wood Hospital in St. Thomas.
- pamphlet: "How to Live: The Prevention and Removal of the Causes of Disease by Rational, Modern, Drugless, and Non-Surgical Methods"- William Fredrik Cotton, Drugless Practitioner.
- pamphlet: "Programme of the Official Opening of the New Memorial Hospital in the City of St. Thomas".- November 19, 1924.
Published in the St. Thomas Times-Journal Bygone Days feature, and on the Archives flickr site, August 8, 2015: https://www.flickr.com/photos/elgincountyarchives/20491634131/in/dateposted-public/.
1 photograph : b&w ; 32.5 x 25.5 cm
Scope and Content
Black and white photograph showing a St. Thomas Fire Department evacuation drill at St. Thomas-Elgin General Hospital, ca. 1965. Firefighters shown are (at top, left to right) Joseph McCarthy, James Johnstone, Ivan Berdan (in civilian clothes, on ladder); and (at bottom, left to right) Gordon Tuck, Max Monroe, William Mailing. The man being lowered from the window is unidentified.