Photograph of the 91st Battalion beside the Wilson Ave Armouries. Front of original: "91st Overseas Battalion, CEF --- St. Thomas Ontario, 1916". Verso the original: "Panoramic Camera Co. 239 Victoria St. Toronto". The original is a framed, panoramic photograph in the collection of the Elgin County Museum. The image shown here is a scanned, composite version of the original, produced for reference purposes.
From "The Elgins", by Capt. L. A. Curchin and Lieut. B. D. Sim. 1977, Sutherland Press. Fold-out pg. 39 - 40. "This photo was taken in May 1916, 1 month prior to the Battalion's departure overseas. The Armoury, in the centre background, was constructed in 1903 and is the present home of the 31 Combat Engineer Regiment (The Elgins). One out of every six men in this photo was 'killed in action', and over 50 percent of the men in the Battalion were 'wounded in action', many being wounded several times".