Two copies of a black and white photograph showing the main entrance and front elevation of the Elgin County Court House, St. Thomas, February 24, 1975. View is looking south from the intersection of Wellington and Queen Streets.
View of Talbot Street, looking east from the train station across from Moore Street. A Canadian National Railways employee is pictured at the foreground installing a warning bell at the Talbot Street crossing. A portion of the former Sutherland Press building is pictured, as well as businesses including Charterways Terminal, a hardware store and the Mercury-Lincoln dealership.
View of a portion of the southside of the Talbot Street streetscape in St. Thomas, Ontario, photographed from John Street, featuring part of the Acacia block (616-626 Talbot Street), which was built for William Idsardi in 1881. The building pictured at the centre, located at 630 Talbot Street, was purchased by the City of St. Thomas in 1966, and was later demolished to create a walkway from Talbot Street to the parking lot at the rear of the building.
View features Sanderson Hardware (624-626 Talbot Street), Art's Shoe Repair (630 Talbot Street), Wallis Plumbing and Heating (632 Talbot Street), and part of Tommy White's Sport Shop (636 Talbot Street).
View of a portion of the northside of Talbot Street in St. Thomas, Ontario, as the city was preparing 365 Talbot Street for demolition, to make way for a new walkway to the parking lot behind the building.
View features the Royal Bank of Canada (367-371 Talbot Street), J.H. Crang Brokers (365 Talbot Street), Goodwill Thrift Store (361 Talbot Street), and Jack Waite Appliances (359 Talbot Street).
View of the intersection at Wellington and Ross Streets in St. Thomas, Ontario, in circa 1975. View includes residences on Wellington and Ross Streets, as well as the Sports Stop store on the northwest corner.
This address was part of the Central Block built by David Rolling on the northside of Talbot Street in 1882. The Rendezvous Restaurant opened in this location in circa 1965. In 1975, extensive renovations took place to convert the former banquet room into a sports lounge. The restaurant operated in this location until the late 1980s.
Scope and Content
View of the front of Rendezvous Restaurant, which was located at 509 Talbot Street, in the Central Block, on the northside of Talbot, between Hiawatha and Mondamin Streets.