Skip header and navigation

Revise Search

40 records – page 1 of 2.

Governor-General's Visit to Elgin County Court House, 1914

https://inmagic.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives153328
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ken Verrell Collection
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
1914
Storage Location
R4 S5 Sh4 B1 4
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ken Verrell Collection
Creator
Hopkins Studio
Description Level
Item
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 107
Storage Location
R4 S5 Sh4 B1 4
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
1914
Publication
-Published in the St. Thomas Times-Journal Bygone Days feature, and on the Archives flickr site, August 26, 2016: https://www.flickr.com/photos/elgincountyarchives/28625725964/in/dateposted-public/.
-July 11, 2019: Posted on Facebook
-October 16, 2020: Posted on Facebook
Series
Ken Verrell Collection - Photographs series
Physical Description
1 photograph : b&w ; 23.5 x 35 cm on mat 40 x 51 cm
Scope and Content
Black and white photograph of the exterior of the Elgin County Court House, St. Thomas decorated with Union Jack flags and banners. Shows the scene of the official visit on May 6, 1914 of the Governor General, HRH the Duke of Connaught and his daughter Princess Patricia: their itinerary included a brief stop at the Court House and the corner stone laying ceremony for the new St. Thomas YMCA building on the southeast corner of Talbot and Ross Streets. View is looking southeast and includes the Elgin County Registry Office (during their visit, an oak tree was planted near the Registry Office). Photograph was probably taken from an upper storey window of the house at 5 Wellington Street (northwest corner of Queen and Wellington Streets), owned at the time by William R. Jackson, President of Jacksons Limited jewelers and opticians.
Photograph is mounted on cardboard embossed in the lower right corner with the name of photographer James H. Hopkins, St. Thomas.
Name Access
St. Thomas (Ont.)
Elgin County Courthouse
Elgin County Registry Office
Hopkins Studio
Hopkins, James H.
Subject Access
Elgin County Courthouse
Court Houses
Heritage Buildings
Images

Chesapeake & Ohio Railway Roundhouse and Yards, St. Thomas

https://inmagic.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives153354
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ken Verrell Collection
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1942
Storage Location
R4 S5 Sh4 B1 1
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ken Verrell Collection
Creator
Ron Nelson
Description Level
Item
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 107
Storage Location
R4 S5 Sh4 B1 1
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1942
Series
Ken Verrell Collection - Photographs series
Physical Description
1 photograph : b&w ; 28 x 36 cm
Scope and Content
Black and white aerial photograph by Ron Nelson, London, Ontario, showing the Chesapeake & Ohio (C&O) (originally Pere Marquette) Railway turntable, eight-stall roundhouse, shops building, power house and yards on the northeast corner of Elm Street and Wilson Avenue, St. Thomas, ca. 1942. Residences and farm properties on the south side of Elm Street are visible. Pinafore Park and Pinafore Lake are visible in the background, including the Michigan Central Railway pumphouse at the northern end of the lake where it meets Elm Street. The floating diving board in Pinafore Lake is visible. A warehouse at the bottom of the photo is marked with the business name "H.E. Johnson & Son Coal, Coke".
Name Access
St. Thomas (Ont.)
Chesapeake & Ohio Railway
Pere Marquette Railway
Michigan Central Railway
Michigan Central Railroad
Pinafore Park
Pinafore Lake
Subject Access
Railways
Parks
Aerial Photographs
Images

Elgin County Court House, St. Thomas, Looking West from Metcalfe Street

https://inmagic.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives153921
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ken Verrell Collection
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1920
Accession Number
2016-30
Storage Location
R4 S5 Sh3 B1 53
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ken Verrell Collection
Description Level
Item
Accession Number
2016-30
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 107
Storage Location
R4 S5 Sh3 B1 53
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1920
Series
Ken Verrell Collection - Photographs series
Physical Description
1 photograph : b&w
Scope and Content
Black and white postcard showing the Elgin County Court House, St. Thomas, looking west from Metcalfe Street, ca. 1920. The Elgin County Jail is partially visible at left. Caretakers are visible raking and sweeping. A fence surrounds and protects a newly planted tree.
Name Access
St. Thomas (Ont.)
Elgin County Courthouse
Elgin County Jail
Subject Access
Elgin County Courthouse
Court Houses
Images

Elgin County Court House, St. Thomas

https://inmagic.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives154147
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ken Verrell Collection
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
1975
Storage Location
R4 S5 Sh3 B1 192
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ken Verrell Collection
Description Level
Item
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 107
Storage Location
R4 S5 Sh3 B1 192
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
1975
Series
Ken Verrell Collection - Photographs series
Scope and Content
Two copies of a black and white photograph showing the main entrance and front elevation of the Elgin County Court House, St. Thomas, February 24, 1975. View is looking south from the intersection of Wellington and Queen Streets.
Name Access
St. Thomas (Ont.)
Elgin County Courthouse
Subject Access
Elgin County Courthouse
Court Houses
Images

Elgin County Court House, St. Thomas

https://inmagic.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives154148
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ken Verrell Collection
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
1982
Storage Location
R4 S5 Sh3 B1 193
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ken Verrell Collection
Description Level
Item
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 107
Storage Location
R4 S5 Sh3 B1 193
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
1982
Series
Ken Verrell Collection - Photographs series
Scope and Content
Two copies of a black and white photograph showing the Elgin County Court House, St. Thomas, 1982. View is looking southeast from Wellington Street. The Elgin County Registry Office is partially visible at left. A note on the back of the photograph indicates it was submitted by student Rob Stokes as an assignment in Fanshawe College course Phot 111 for instructor Peter Lemon in March, 1982.
Name Access
St. Thomas (Ont.)
Elgin County Courthouse
Elgin County Registry Office
Subject Access
Elgin County Courthouse
Court Houses
Images

Records relating to the discovery of a grave at the former Elgin County Jail Yard

https://inmagic.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives164572
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ken Verrell Collection
Description Level
File
GMD
textual records
Date Range
2010
Storage Location
W1 B3 F16
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ken Verrell Collection
Description Level
File
File Number
W1 B3 F16
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 105
Storage Location
W1 B3 F16
GMD
textual records
Date Range
2010
Series
Ken Verrell Collection - Elgin County History series
Physical Description
0.4 cm of textual records
History / Biographical
"During an archeological dig on the courthouse property in the former parking lot area on July 6, 2010, a single grave was unearthed, containing remains of two bodies. The grave was located in the area of the former prison exercise yard, within walls of the jail which was torn down in 1985. An investigation was conducted, and the remains were determined to be those of John Hendershott and William Welter. The archeological dig was undertaken in preparation for a $100-million expansion project at the courthouse facility. The Provincial Registrar of Cemeteries has given notice of the intention to declare the site an unapproved cemetery and, according to a notice, "invites representatives of the persons whose remains may still be interred in the former cemetery to contact the registrar within two weeks after July 28, 2010" (taken from the St. Thomas Times-Journal, July 21, 2010). "On Monday, September 27, the remains of William Welter and John A. Hendershott were reburied in St. Thomas Cemetery on West Avenue, near the Mausoleum. A simple ceremony, in the presence of about 20 people, was conducted by Rev. Roger Landell of First United Church and retired Baptist minister Rev. Clarence Roberts. Local historian Don Cosens also gave a eulogy. Their final resting place is to be marked by two flat markers." (taken from the St. Thomas Times-Journal, September 29, 2010).
Scope and Content
File contains records relating to the discovery of a grave at the former Elgin County Jail Yard. Discovered during an archaeology dig on the courthouse property on July 6, 2010, the grave contained the remains of two bodies, later identified as John Hendershott and William Welter. The file contains a printed copy of an e-mail from the property owner, Shmuel Farhi, with attached documents regarding the bones and process of relocating them, as well as the process of closing the cemetery to allow for development of the site.
Name Access
Elgin County Jail
Elgin County Courthouse
Subject Access
Elgin County Courthouse
Access Restriction
Access may be restricted due to privacy legislation. Please consult with the archivist.

Aerial Photograph - Pere Marquette Railway tracks through St. Thomas, Ontario

https://inmagic.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives161282
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ken Verrell Collection
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1940s
Accession Number
2016-30
Storage Location
R4 S5 Sh3 B7 F10 2
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ken Verrell Collection
Description Level
Item
File Number
R4 S5 Sh3 B6 F10
Accession Number
2016-30
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 107
Storage Location
R4 S5 Sh3 B7 F10 2
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1940s
Series
Ken Verrell Collection - Photographs series
Physical Description
1 photograph : b&w ; 20.5 x 25.5 cm
Scope and Content
Aerial view of St. Thomas, Ontario featuring the Pere Marquette Railway (later Chesapeake and Ohio Railway) tracks. View is looking north with Alma College and the Moore Street Water Tower visible in the distance.
Name Access
Pere Marquette Railway
St. Thomas (Ont.)
Subject Access
Aerial Photographs
Images

Aerial Photograph - Canada Southern (CASO) Railway station in St. Thomas, Ontario

https://inmagic.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives161284
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ken Verrell Collection
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1940s
Accession Number
2016-30
Storage Location
R4 S5 Sh3 B7 F10 3
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ken Verrell Collection
Description Level
Item
File Number
R4 S5 Sh3 B6 F10
Accession Number
2016-30
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 107
Storage Location
R4 S5 Sh3 B7 F10 3
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1940s
Series
Ken Verrell Collection - Photographs series
Physical Description
1 photograph : b&w ; 20.5 x 25.5 cm
Scope and Content
Aerial view of St. Thomas, Ontario featuring the Canada Southern Railway station and the St. Thomas water tower.
Name Access
Canada Southern Railway
Michigan Central Railway
Michigan Central Railroad
St. Thomas (Ont.)
Subject Access
Aerial Photographs
Images

Canada Southern (CASO) Railway station in St. Thomas, Ontario

https://inmagic.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives161285
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ken Verrell Collection
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1945
Accession Number
2016-30
Storage Location
R4 S5 Sh3 B7 F10 4
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ken Verrell Collection
Description Level
Item
File Number
R4 S5 Sh3 B6 F10
Accession Number
2016-30
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 107
Storage Location
R4 S5 Sh3 B7 F10 4
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1945
Publication
Posted on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter: July 8, 2020.
Series
Ken Verrell Collection - Photographs series
Physical Description
1 photograph : b&w ; 20.5 x 25.5 cm
Scope and Content
View of St. Thomas, looking westward, ca. 1955, featuring the Canada Southern Railway station on the left. The Michigan Central Railroad park and Talbot Street is pictured north of the station. Picture probably taken from the top of the old skeleton building, was original built for a brewery. Housed Monarch Knit and Merlin Motors.Photograph is from the Ken Verrell Collection.
Name Access
Canada Southern Railway
Canada Southern Railway Station
Michigan Central Railway
Michigan Central Railroad
Talbot Street
St. Thomas (Ont.)
Subject Access
Aerial Photographs
Images

Aerial Photograph - McCredie Farm near Lyons, Ontario

https://inmagic.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives161286
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ken Verrell Collection
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1945
Accession Number
2016-30
Storage Location
R4 S5 Sh3 B7 F10 5
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ken Verrell Collection
Description Level
Item
File Number
R4 S5 Sh3 B6 F10
Accession Number
2016-30
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 107
Storage Location
R4 S5 Sh3 B7 F10 5
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1945
Publication
Posted on Facebook: July 8, 2020.
Series
Ken Verrell Collection - Photographs series
Physical Description
1 photograph : b&w ; 20.5 x 25.5 cm
Scope and Content
Aerial view of the McCredie farm near Lyons, Ontario, including a brick house and and a circular barn. The house was built in 1908 by Mr. Wilson McCredie, proprietor of the McCredie Brick & Tile Yard, using bricks from his foundry located across the road from the house. The barn was built in 1911 and was demolished because of damage on August 22, 1980. Thomas Coleman helped build the barn. The property was originally a 350 acre farm.
Name Access
McCredie, Wilson
McCredie Brick & Tile Yard
Lyons (Ont.)
Subject Access
Aerial Photographs
Farm life
User Comments
In July 2020, Dave Dykeman made the following comment on Facebook: "My great grandfather, Thomas Coleman, helped build the barn. They farmed on Yorke Line".
Images

Aerial Photograph - St. Thomas, Ontario

https://inmagic.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives161287
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ken Verrell Collection
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1905
Accession Number
2016-30
Storage Location
R4 S5 Sh3 B7 F10 6
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ken Verrell Collection
Description Level
Item
File Number
R4 S5 Sh3 B6 F10
Accession Number
2016-30
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 107
Storage Location
R4 S5 Sh3 B7 F10 6
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1905
Series
Ken Verrell Collection - Photographs series
Physical Description
1 photograph : b&w ; 20.5 x 25.5 cm
Scope and Content
Aerial photograph of St. Thomas, Ontario featuring a view of the Baptist Church and the Hincks Street Railway crossing. An annotation on the reverse of the photograph notes that the church's steeple burned down Easter Sunday in 1962. A caption below the image reads "Bird's Eye View of St. Thomas from Fire Hall"
Name Access
Baptist Chapel
St. Thomas (Ont.)
Subject Access
Aerial Photographs
Churches
Railways
Images

Aerial Photograph - St. Thomas, Ontario

https://inmagic.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives161288
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ken Verrell Collection
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1905
Accession Number
2016-30
Storage Location
R4 S5 Sh3 B7 F10 7
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ken Verrell Collection
Description Level
Item
File Number
R4 S5 Sh3 B6 F10
Accession Number
2016-30
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 107
Storage Location
R4 S5 Sh3 B7 F10 7
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1905
Series
Ken Verrell Collection - Photographs series
Physical Description
1 photograph : b&w ; 20.5 x 25.5 cm
Scope and Content
Aerial photograph of St. Thomas, Ontario, looking from the south. Contains three images in a collage with the words "St. Thomas, From the South." at the centre.
Name Access
Baptist Chapel
St. Thomas (Ont.)
Subject Access
Aerial Photographs
Churches
Railways
Images

Aerial Photograph - Canadian Iron and Foundry Co. (Canron Limited) in St. Thomas, Ontario

https://inmagic.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives161289
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ken Verrell Collection
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1981
Accession Number
2016-30
Storage Location
R4 S5 Sh3 B7 F10 8
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ken Verrell Collection
Description Level
Item
File Number
R4 S5 Sh3 B6 F10
Accession Number
2016-30
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 107
Storage Location
R4 S5 Sh3 B7 F10 8
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1981
Series
Ken Verrell Collection - Photographs series
Physical Description
1 photograph : b&w ; 20.5 x 25.5 cm
History / Biographical
The Canadian Iron and Foundry Co. purchased the St. Thomas Car Wheel Co. in 1903 and built a new factory to produce railway car wheels. Later known as Canron, it became the main supplier of car wheels, brake shoes and other products to the St. Thomas rail industry, and contributed to its great success from the 19th century up to the period following the Second World War. By 1973 Canron, was the only manufacturer of railway brake shoes in Canada. Canron closed in the 1980s and the factory was demolished.
Scope and Content
Aerial photograph of St. Thomas, Ontario, featuring the Canadian Iron and Foundry Co. (Canron) site in St. Thomas, Ontario.
Name Access
Railways
Canron Limited
St. Thomas (Ont.)
Subject Access
Aerial Photographs
Images

Aerial Photograph - St. Thomas, Ontario

https://inmagic.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives161290
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ken Verrell Collection
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1981
Accession Number
2016-30
Storage Location
R4 S5 Sh3 B7 F10 9
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ken Verrell Collection
Description Level
Item
File Number
R4 S5 Sh3 B6 F10
Accession Number
2016-30
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 107
Storage Location
R4 S5 Sh3 B7 F10 9
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1981
Series
Ken Verrell Collection - Photographs series
Physical Description
1 photograph : col ; 10 x 12.5 cm
Scope and Content
Aerial photograph of St. Thomas, Ontario.
Name Access
St. Thomas (Ont.)
Subject Access
Aerial Photographs
Images

Aerial Photograph - Wilson Avenue Bridge in St. Thomas, Ontario

https://inmagic.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives161291
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ken Verrell Collection
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1960
Accession Number
2016-30
Storage Location
R4 S5 Sh3 B7 F10 10
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ken Verrell Collection
Description Level
Item
File Number
R4 S5 Sh3 B6 F10
Accession Number
2016-30
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 107
Storage Location
R4 S5 Sh3 B7 F10 10
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1960
Series
Ken Verrell Collection - Photographs series
Physical Description
1 photograph : col ; 13 x 19 cm
Scope and Content
Aerial photograph of St. Thomas, Ontario, featuring a view of the Wilson Avenue bridge in the autumn season.
Name Access
St. Thomas (Ont.)
Wilson Avenue Bridge
Subject Access
Aerial Photographs
Images

Aerial Photograph- CN's MacMillan Yard, Vaughan, ON

https://inmagic.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives161292
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ken Verrell Collection
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1960
Accession Number
2016-30
Storage Location
R4 S5 Sh3 B7 F10 11
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ken Verrell Collection
Description Level
Item
File Number
R4 S5 Sh3 B6 F10
Accession Number
2016-30
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 107
Storage Location
R4 S5 Sh3 B7 F10 11
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1960
Series
Ken Verrell Collection - Photographs series
Physical Description
1 photograph : b&w ; 13 x 20.5 cm
Scope and Content
Aerial Photograph- CN's MacMillan Yard, Vaughan, ON, ca. 1960.
Name Access
Railways
Subject Access
Aerial Photographs
User Comments
Identification provided by Rob Sterne in November 2019.
Images

Aerial Photograph - Niagara Falls

https://inmagic.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives161293
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ken Verrell Collection
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
1926
Accession Number
2016-30
Storage Location
R4 S5 Sh3 B7 F10 12
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ken Verrell Collection
Description Level
Item
File Number
R4 S5 Sh3 B6 F10
Accession Number
2016-30
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 107
Storage Location
R4 S5 Sh3 B7 F10 12
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
1926
Series
Ken Verrell Collection - Photographs series
Physical Description
1 photograph : b&w ; 20.5 x 25.5 cm
Scope and Content
Aerial view of the Cantilever Bridge in Niagara Falls being dismantled in 1926. Below the image is the following caption: "TWO BRIDGES cross the Niagara just above the Whirlpool (upper left). In 1926, when this photo was made, the Cantilever Bridge, in foreground, was being dismantled. Next to it is the Michigan Central Bridge which replaced it in 1925. Beyond that is the double-deck Whirlpool Bridge which in 1897 succeeded the Suspension Bridge."
Name Access
Railways
Subject Access
Aerial Photographs
Images

Aerial Photograph - Chesapeake and Ohio (C&O) Railway Dock in Sarnia, Ontario

https://inmagic.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives161294
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ken Verrell Collection
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
1926
Accession Number
2016-30
Storage Location
R4 S5 Sh3 B7 F10 13
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ken Verrell Collection
Description Level
Item
File Number
R4 S5 Sh3 B6 F10
Accession Number
2016-30
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 107
Storage Location
R4 S5 Sh3 B7 F10 13
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
1926
Series
Ken Verrell Collection - Photographs series
Physical Description
1 photograph : b&w ; 20.5 x 25.5 cm
Scope and Content
Aerial photograph featuring the Chesapeake and Ohio (C&O) Railway car float dock in Sarnia, Ontario, with a view of Imperial Oil Ltd. in the background.
Name Access
Chesapeake and Ohio Railway (C&O)
Sarnia (Ont.)
Imperial Oil Ltd.
Subject Access
Aerial Photographs
Images

Aerial Photographs - St. Thomas, Ontario

https://inmagic.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives162047
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ken Verrell Collection
Description Level
File
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
May 20, 1953
Accession Number
2016-30
Storage Location
R4 S5 Sh2 B2 F6
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ken Verrell Collection
Description Level
File
File Number
R4 S5 Sh2 B2 F6
Accession Number
2016-30
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 107
Storage Location
R4 S5 Sh2 B2 F6
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
May 20, 1953
Series
Ken Verrell Collection - Photographs series
Physical Description
17 photographs : b&w ; 12.5 x 20.5 cm
Scope and Content
Photo album containing 17 photographs with aerial views around St. Thomas, Ontario. The St. Thomas Public Utilities Commission hired Ron Nelson Photography in London, Ontario to capture the photographs. The plane was flown on May 20, 1953.
Name Access
St. Thomas (Ont.)
St. Thomas Public Utilities Commission
Ron Nelson Photography (London, Ont.)
Subject Access
Aerial Photographs
Images

Aerial Photograph, St. Thomas, 1953

https://inmagic.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives162048
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ken Verrell Collection
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
May 20, 1953
Accession Number
2016-30
Storage Location
R4 S5 Sh2 B2 F6 1
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ken Verrell Collection
Description Level
Item
File Number
R4 S5 Sh2 B2 F6
Accession Number
2016-30
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 107
Storage Location
R4 S5 Sh2 B2 F6 1
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
May 20, 1953
Series
Ken Verrell Collection - Photographs series
Physical Description
1 photograph : b&w ; 12.5 x 20.5 cm
Scope and Content
Aerial view of land near St. Thomas, Ontario, with a focus on a waterway, possibly Kettle Creek. Part of an album containing 17 views; the St. Thomas Public Utilities Commission hired Ron Nelson Photography in London, Ontario to capture the photographs. The plane was flown on May 20, 1953.
Name Access
St. Thomas (Ont.)
St. Thomas Public Utilities Commission
Ron Nelson Photography (London, Ont.)
Subject Access
Aerial Photographs
Images

40 records – page 1 of 2.