Two copies of a black and white photograph showing the main entrance and front elevation of the Elgin County Court House, St. Thomas, February 24, 1975. View is looking south from the intersection of Wellington and Queen Streets.
St. Thomas Times-Journal articles relating to the Elgin County Court House, 1967-1984.
"Ghost story: Several unexplained at the old courthouse in St. Thomas have sent chills through many", London Free Press, April 30, 2004.
-"Lawyers demand action: End studies and start work on improving Elgin court facilities, they say", The London Free Press, July 16, 2005.
-"Courthouse rescue urged: Shmuel Farhi wants Premier McGuinty to help save the St. Thomas landmark he bought", The London Free Press, August 10, 2007.
"Elgin courthouse may get reprieve: The St. Thomas landmark is still among site being considered for the amalgamated courts", The London Free Press, October 26, 2007.
"Courthouse fight gains steam", The London Free Press, January 6, 2008.
-"Historic land office vacated for strip mall spot: Owner Shmuel Farhi is worried about building's fate", The London Free Press, June 28, 2008.
"Revamping courthouse may boost spirits: Ontario opposition leader John Tory and Mayor Cliff Barwick met to discuss plands to help offset the city's job losses", The London Free Press, October 25, 2008.
Two page letter dated October 2, 1974 from Hennessey, Kempster & Gunn, Barristers & Solicitors, St. Thomas to Harley L. Johnson, Elgin County Clerk, containing a legal opinion regarding the rightful ownership of the Elgin County Court House grounds in St. Thomas, Ontario, concluding that "the lands properly belong to the County of Elgin." This record also provides access to digitized copies of the two documents referenced in the letter: deed dated October 25, 1848 (ECVFB100F42a) and deed dated May 22, 1852 (ECVFB100F42b).