Acquired by the Elgin Historical Society. Stored as part of a much larger collection at the Elgin County Pioneer Museum. Moved to basement of Yurek's Drug Store after Museum fire in 2001. Donated to Elgin County Archives in December 2002.
Scope and Content
Colour perspective map of the City of St. Thomas, cloth, published in 1886 by J.C. Young and drawn by W.N. Wesbrook. Includes classified business directory and illustrations of prominent buildings, including Court House, Wellington Street; Daily & Weekly Times, Talbot Street; Knox Presbyterian Church, Hincks Street; Dr. T.W. Duncombe's Block, corner of Talbot and Southwick Streets; Paulin & Co. Hardware and J.H. Price Grocery Store, corner of Talbot and St. Catharine Streets; Grand Central Hotel, Talbot Street; Post Office, Talbot Street; Alma College, Moore Street; St. George Street Methodist Church; Catholic Church, Talbot Street; Goodwin & Jennings Furniture Store; Proposed Y.M.C.A. Rail Road Hospital; Hutchinson House, Talbot Street, Captain A. McBride, Prop.; A. McLachlin residence, Wellington Street; Baptist Church, corner of Southwick and Centre Streets; Thomas Williams Home, Church Street; Collegiate Institute; G.S. Caskey residence, Myrtle Street; Raiser's Brewery, Rudolph and Begg Prop., London and Port Stanley Road; E. Miller residence, corner of Curtis and St. George Streets; English Church, Wellington Street; City Roller Flour Mills, May Brothers Prop., Manitoba Street; China Hall and Silver Bazaar/ Opera House, Talbot Street.