Directories for 1943-1948 acquired in 1986 by the Elgin Historical Society. Stored as part of a much larger collection at the Elgin County Pioneer Museum. Moved to basement of Yurek's Drug Store after Museum fire in 2001. Donated to Elgin County Archives in December 2002.
1966 directory donated to Elgin County Archives in December 2002.
Scope and Content
Series consists of Bell Telephone Company of Canada directories collected and maintained by the Southwold and Dunwich Telephone Association Limited.
File R7 S3 Sh2 B1 F9 contains directories for London, St. Thomas and surrounding territory issued April 1943, February 1944, January 1945, December 1945, November 1946 and July 1948.
File R7 S3 Sh2 B1 F10 contains supplementary directory for Fingal and Shedden issued January 1966.