Skip header and navigation

Revise Search

1590 records – page 1 of 80.

YMCA Playground, St. Thomas

https://inmagic.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives243
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Scott Studio fonds
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1915
Storage Location
Box 508, Envelope 95120
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Scott Studio fonds
Description Level
Item
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 107
Storage Location
Box 508, Envelope 95120
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1915
Publication
Printed in TJ- April 6, 2004.
Published in the St. Thomas Times-Journal Bygone Days feature, and on the Archives flickr site, March 3, 2017: https://www.flickr.com/photos/elgincountyarchives/33323384386/in/dateposted-public/.
Physical Description
Glass-plate negative
Physical Condition
Faded; emulsion peeling at top and side.
Scope and Content
A large group of children in a playground adjacent to the YMCA, St. Thomas, ca. 1915. The Michigan Central Railway Station (now the Canada Southern Railway Station or CASO Station) and yards are visible in the near background, with the MCR shops buildings partially visible in the far background. View is looking east. The photographer's shadow can be seen in the lower left hand corner of the image - he appears to be standing on the portico of an entrance on the east side of the YMCA building (built in 1914). There appear to be eight chimneys on the railway station building - one of the original chimneys was removed following a fire, ca. 1920. This image was taken at the same time and shows the same scene as Scott Studio file 534_95398.
Name Access
St. Thomas (Ont.)
Michigan Central Railway
Michigan Central Railroad
Canada Southern Railway Station
Y.M.C.A., St. Thomas
Subject Access
Railways
Parks
YMCA
Sports and Recreation
Images

Michigan Central Railway Property

https://inmagic.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives702
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Hugh Sims fonds
Description Level
Item
GMD
cartographic material
Date Range
ca. 1923
Accession Number
99-11
Storage Location
M9
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Hugh Sims fonds
Description Level
Item
Item Number
MAP 134
Accession Number
99-11
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 105
Storage Location
M9
GMD
cartographic material
Date Range
ca. 1923
Series
Elgin County Map Collection
Physical Description
1 map sheet
Scope and Content
- plan showing proposed change in curve of St.Thomas St. Railway, corner of Talbot St. and First Avenue.
Name Access
Michigan Central Railway
Michigan Central Railroad
St. Thomas Street Railway

St. Thomas Street Railway- at William St.

https://inmagic.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives705
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Hugh Sims fonds
Description Level
Item
GMD
cartographic material
Date Range
ca. 1912
Accession Number
99-11
Storage Location
M9
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Hugh Sims fonds
Description Level
Item
Item Number
MAP 136
Accession Number
99-11
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 105
Storage Location
M9
GMD
cartographic material
Date Range
ca. 1912
Series
Elgin County Map Collection
Physical Description
1 map sheet
Scope and Content
- "St. Thomas Street Railway- Crossing with Michigan Central Ry., at William Street".
Name Access
St. Thomas Street Railway
Michigan Central Railway
Michigan Central Railroad

Michigan Central R.R. Apprentices

https://inmagic.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives723
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Elgin County Photograph Collection
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
1920
Accession Number
2003-34
Storage Location
C4 Sh5 B3
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Elgin County Photograph Collection
Description Level
Item
Item Number
P 25
Accession Number
2003-34
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 105
Storage Location
C4 Sh5 B3
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
1920
Physical Description
1 photograph: b&w.
Scope and Content
- "Michigan Central R.R. Apprentices"- St. Thomas, Ont., 1920. Front row, l to r: Carl Butcher, Kenneth Fisher, Andrew Allan, Gordon Norman, Wilfred Nichols, Albert Walber, Harry Mitchener, George Wardle. Second row, l to r: Allan Voisey, Francis Carr, Norbert Arlien, Apprentice Instructor John McTaggert, General Foreman Clarence Adam, Albert Ray, Lenard Goddard, Charles Hayden. Third row, l to r: Marsh, Schultz, Nelson Hilleshein, Charles Fulton, Leon Hoag, Harry Williams, Ernest Wall, Wilfred Babcock, Whitney Cowles. Back row, l to r: Leon Arlien, William MacDonald, Sidney Ford, Norman Gledhill, Alvin Howard, Thomas Pullin, George Peskis, Roy Brown, Oliver Burroughs.
Name Access
Michigan Central Railway
Michigan Central Railroad
Images

Y.M.C.A., St. Thomas

https://inmagic.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives9559
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Scott Studio fonds
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1915
Storage Location
Box 153, Envelope 7216
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Scott Studio fonds
Description Level
Item
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 107
Storage Location
Box 153, Envelope 7216
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1915
Physical Description
Glass-plate negative
Physical Condition
Good
Scope and Content
Exterior view of the Y.M.C.A. building on the southeast corner of Talbot and Ross Streets, St. Thomas, ca. 1915. View includes Ross Street looking south toward the Michigan Central Railway bridge/overpass, also known as the Ross Street Subway. The Michigan Central Railway Station, now known as the historic Canada Southern Railway (CASO) Station, is also visible at left. The Y.M.C.A. building was constructed in 1914. The Ross Street Subway was built in 1908 by the Michigan Central Railway and demolished in May, 2014. Note the brick surfacing on Talbot Street - bricks were removed in 1915 when the street was paved.
Name Access
Y.M.C.A.
Y.M.C.A., St. Thomas
Ross Street Subway
Michigan Central Railway
Michigan Central Railroad
Canada Southern Railway Station
Images

Y.M.C.A., St. Thomas

https://inmagic.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives101742
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Scott Studio fonds
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1915
Storage Location
Box 138, Envelope 7376
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Scott Studio fonds
Description Level
Item
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 107
Storage Location
Box 138, Envelope 7376
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1915
Physical Description
Glass-plate negative
Physical Condition
Good
Scope and Content
View of the exterior of the Y.M.C.A. building on the southeast corner of Talbot and Ross Streets, St. Thomas, looking southeast. The building was constructed in 1914, and the rough landscaping around the building suggests that this photograph was taken soon after construction was completed. The Michigan Central Railway underpass or subway on Ross Street (constructed 1908, demolished in May, 2014) is visible in the background, as is a St. Thomas Street Railway car on Ross Street in the far background. Michigan Central Railway Park is partially visible to the east (left) of the Y.M.C.A. building. The cornerstone for the Y.M.C.A. building is visible, but not legible: the stone was laid by H.R.H. Prince Arthur, Duke of Connaught and Strathearn, Governor General of Canada, 1911-1916, during a ceremony held May 6, 1914. Note the street railway tracks running along Talbot Street in front of the building as well as south on Ross Street, and the numerous bicycles left propped against the Talbot Street curb in front of the Y.M.C.A. Horse dung is visible, deposited by the many horse-drawn vehicles operating in the city at the time. The Y.M.C.A. building was demolished in 1990.
Down the Street to Yesterday Zone 15 (Ross to opposite Horton).
Name Access
Y.M.C.A.
Y.M.C.A., St. Thomas
Michigan Central Railway
Michigan Central Railroad
Ross Street Subway
Ross Street Railway Bridge
St. Thomas (Ont.)
Images

Historical Photographs of St. Thomas - Michigan Central Railway Bridge

https://inmagic.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives137164
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
St. Thomas Times-Journal fonds
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1930
Accession Number
2008-01
Storage Location
C9 Sh2 B4 F14 34
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
St. Thomas Times-Journal fonds
Creator
Frank H. Leslie
Description Level
Item
Accession Number
2008-01
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 107
Storage Location
C9 Sh2 B4 F14 34
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1930
Series
St. Thomas Times-Journal fonds - Historical Photographs of St. Thomas file
Physical Description
1 photograph : b&w ; 9 x 15 cm
1 b&w negative : plastic
Scope and Content
Michigan Central Railway Bridge, looking northeast, ca. 1930. Photo by Frank H. Leslie. Retained for reference by the St. Thomas Times-Journal. Photo shows the bridge soon after the completion of its reconstruction in 1929-1930 as a concrete trestle bridge. View also includes the single-lane Fingal Bridge or Fingal Road Bridge (constructed 1899; removed and replaced 1956).
File includes b&w plastic negative and photograph print.
Google Street View July 2014: http://www.instantstreetview.com/@42.776855,-81.215848,-295.98h,19.73p,1z
Name Access
St. Thomas (Ont.)
Michigan Central Bridge
Michigan Central Railway
Michigan Central Railroad
Subject Access
Bridges
Images

Historical Photographs of St. Thomas - Michigan Central Railway Bridge

https://inmagic.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives137165
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
St. Thomas Times-Journal fonds
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1930
Accession Number
2008-01
Storage Location
C9 Sh2 B4 F14 35
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
St. Thomas Times-Journal fonds
Creator
Frank H. Leslie
Description Level
Item
Accession Number
2008-01
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 107
Storage Location
C9 Sh2 B4 F14 35
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1930
Series
St. Thomas Times-Journal fonds - Historical Photographs of St. Thomas file
Physical Description
1 photograph : b&w ; 9 x 15 cm
1 b&w negative : plastic
Scope and Content
Michigan Central Railway Bridge, looking northeast, ca. 1930. Photo by Frank H. Leslie. Retained for reference by the St. Thomas Times-Journal. Photo shows the bridge soon after the completion of its reconstruction in 1929-1930 as a concrete trestle bridge. View also includes the single-lane Fingal Bridge or Fingal Road Bridge (constructed 1899; removed and replaced 1956). St. Thomas Collegiate Institute, First United Church and the water tower on the roof of the Talbot Shoe Co. Ltd. factory on the southeast corner of Talbot and Stanley Streets, St. Thomas.
File includes b&w plastic negative and photograph print.
Name Access
St. Thomas (Ont.)
Michigan Central Bridge
Michigan Central Railway
Michigan Central Railroad
Subject Access
Bridges
Images

Historical Photographs of St. Thomas - Pinafore Lake, Looking Northwest

https://inmagic.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives137174
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
St. Thomas Times-Journal fonds
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1930
Accession Number
2008-01
Storage Location
C9 Sh2 B4 F14 37
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
St. Thomas Times-Journal fonds
Creator
Frank H. Leslie
Description Level
Item
Accession Number
2008-01
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 107
Storage Location
C9 Sh2 B4 F14 37
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1930
Series
St. Thomas Times-Journal fonds - Historical Photographs of St. Thomas file
Physical Description
1 photograph : b&w ; 8.5 x 14.5 cm
1 b&w negative : plastic
Scope and Content
Pinafore Lake, looking northwest, ca. 1930. The Michigan Central Railway power house or pump house at the extreme north end of the lake, adjacent to Elm Street, is visible - built ca. 1872 by the Canada Southern Railway to supply water to the CASO Station, rail yards and shop. Photo by Frank H. Leslie. Retained for reference by the St. Thomas Times-Journal.
File includes b&w plastic negative and photograph print.
Name Access
St. Thomas (Ont.)
Pinafore Lake
Pinafore Park
Michigan Central Power House
Michigan Central Railway
Michigan Central Railroad
Subject Access
Parks
Images

Michigan Central Railway

https://inmagic.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives137238
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Elgin County Vertical File Collection
Description Level
Item
GMD
textual records
Date Range
2013-2015
Storage Location
Box 234, File 11
R11 S5 Sh6 B5
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Elgin County Vertical File Collection
Description Level
Item
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 110
Storage Location
Box 234, File 11
R11 S5 Sh6 B5
GMD
textual records
Date Range
2013-2015
Scope and Content
A photocopy of a St. Thomas Times-Journal article, August 14, 1922: "Yarmouth Lad is Killed at Crossing".
A photocopy of an East Elgin Reformer article, August 17, 1922: "Homer Miller killed by MCR Express Sunday: Son of Mr. and Mrs. Angus Miller, Yarmouth; Tried to Beat Train Across Track".
A Family Group Record for Jacob Homer Miller.
Photocopies of artciles relating to the Michigan Central Railway locomotive shop, St. Thomas:
A photocopy of a St. Thomas Times-Journal article, April 9, 2013: "Elgin Historical Society: St. Thomas once a railway capital".
A photocopy of a St. Thomas Times-Journal article, May 30, 2015: "Railway shops hit a heritage home run".
Name Access
Michigan Central Railway
Michigan Central Railroad
Railways
St. Thomas (Ont.)

Railway City Arts Crawl

https://inmagic.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives137241
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Elgin County Vertical File Collection
Description Level
Item
GMD
textual records
Date Range
2015
Storage Location
Box 234, File 12
R11 S5 Sh6 B5
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Elgin County Vertical File Collection
Description Level
Item
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 110
Storage Location
Box 234, File 12
R11 S5 Sh6 B5
GMD
textual records
Date Range
2015
Scope and Content
Two copies of a promotional flyer for the Railway City Arts Crawl, which took place February 27-28, 2015 in St. Thomas.
Name Access
Michigan Central Railway
Michigan Central Railroad
Railways
St. Thomas (Ont.)

1st Aylmer Cub Pack

https://inmagic.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives52952
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
St. Thomas Times-Journal fonds
Description Level
File
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
1971-1978
Accession Number
2008-01
Storage Location
C9 Sh3 B4 F5
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
St. Thomas Times-Journal fonds
Creator
St. Thomas Times-Journal
Description Level
File
Accession Number
2008-01
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 105
Storage Location
C9 Sh3 B4 F5
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
1971-1978
Series
St. Thomas Times-Journal fonds - 1st Aylmer Cub Pack file
Physical Description
3 photographs : b&w
Scope and Content
File contains black and white photographs used in St. Thomas Times-Journal articles concerning the 1st Aylmer Cub Pack, 1971-1978.
Name Access
St. Thomas (Ont.)
St. Thomas Times-Journal
1st Aylmer Cub Pack
Subject Access
Newspapers

1st Aylmer Cub Pack - Young Hero Honored

https://inmagic.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives52954
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
St. Thomas Times-Journal fonds
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
1971
Accession Number
2008-01
Storage Location
C9 Sh3 B4 F5 1
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
St. Thomas Times-Journal fonds
Creator
St. Thomas Times-Journal
Description Level
Item
Accession Number
2008-01
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 105
Storage Location
C9 Sh3 B4 F5 1
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
1971
Publication
Posted on Facebook: October 28, 2020.
Series
St. Thomas Times-Journal fonds - 1st Aylmer Cub Pack file
Physical Description
1 photograph : b&w 11 x 13.5 cm
Scope and Content
Black and white photograph used in St. Thomas Times-Journal article published June 22, 1971 with caption: "Stephen Orser, 10, son of Mr. and Mrs. Claude Orser of South Street, Aylmer, was presented with an emblem and letter from the Boy Scouts of Canada for his quick thinking when he rescued Shayne Sager, infant son of Mr. and Mrs. John Sager, from a watery grave in an area irrigation pond, October 19, 1970. The 1st Aylmer Cub Pack, of which young Stephen is a member, looked on as Miss Sheila Stirling, Akela of the 8th St. Thomas group representing the district staff presented the emblem. The letter presented to Stephen contains information about the Medal of Meritorious Conduct to be presented to the boy in Ottawa by the Hon. Roland Michener, Governor General of Canada, in November. Seen above, left to right, are Miss Cheryl Moore, one of the Aylmer pool swimming instructors who taught Stephen; the Orser boy; Don Houghton and Gordon Smith, president and vice-president of the Elgin and District Boy Scouts of Canada."
Name Access
St. Thomas (Ont.)
St. Thomas Times-Journal
1st Aylmer Cub Pack
Subject Access
Newspapers
Images

1st Aylmer Cub Pack - Cubs at Friendship Home

https://inmagic.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives52955
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
St. Thomas Times-Journal fonds
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
1972
Accession Number
2008-01
Storage Location
C9 Sh3 B4 F5 2
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
St. Thomas Times-Journal fonds
Creator
St. Thomas Times-Journal
Description Level
Item
Accession Number
2008-01
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 105
Storage Location
C9 Sh3 B4 F5 2
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
1972
Series
St. Thomas Times-Journal fonds - 1st Aylmer Cub Pack file
Physical Description
1 photograph : b&w 16.5 x 21.5 cm
Scope and Content
Black and white photograph used in St. Thomas Times-Journal article published December 19, 1972 with caption: "The 2nd Aylmer Cub Pack of Our Lady of Sorrows visited Friendship Home Monday evening in St. Thomas and in the spirrt of the season presented gifts of candy to all presesnt. The young Cubs ended up being entertained themselves, however, when Brian Foster (right), a resident, played his harmonica providing the music for a carol sing-song. Cub leader Mrs. Mary Kalman, left, and Cubs Ed Jansen and Philip Haidt look on."
Name Access
St. Thomas (Ont.)
St. Thomas Times-Journal
1st Aylmer Cub Pack
Subject Access
Newspapers
Images

1st Aylmer Cub Pack - The Old Knot Trick

https://inmagic.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives52956
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
St. Thomas Times-Journal fonds
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
1978
Accession Number
2008-01
Storage Location
C9 Sh3 B4 F5 3
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
St. Thomas Times-Journal fonds
Creator
St. Thomas Times-Journal
Description Level
Item
Accession Number
2008-01
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 105
Storage Location
C9 Sh3 B4 F5 3
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
1978
Series
St. Thomas Times-Journal fonds - 1st Aylmer Cub Pack file
Physical Description
1 photograph : b&w 22 x 16 cm
Scope and Content
Black and white photograph used in St. Thomas Times-Journal article published February 22, 1978 with caption: "Aylmer First Scouts and Cubs held their Father and Son banquet Monday at the Anglican Church in conjunction with Scout-Guide Week. Above cub D'arcy Magee appears to be amazed as magician Greg Davidson, of Tillsonburg, does the knot trick."
Name Access
St. Thomas (Ont.)
St. Thomas Times-Journal
1st Aylmer Cub Pack
Subject Access
Newspapers
Images

Labour Day Parade

https://inmagic.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives54918
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ken Verrell Collection
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
1907
Storage Location
R4 S5 Sh4 B1 5
  1 image     1 document  
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ken Verrell Collection
Creator
Scott Studio
Description Level
Item
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 107
Storage Location
R4 S5 Sh4 B1 5
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
1907
Series
Ken Verrell Collection - Photographs series
Physical Description
1 photograph : b&w ; 26.5 x 33.5 cm on mat 38.5 x 47 cm
Scope and Content
Black and white photograph showing a Michigan Central Railway steam locomotive and Pere Marquette Railway caboose on the St. Thomas Street Railway tracks on Talbot Street at Stanley Street on the occasion of the Labour Day Parade in St. Thomas, 1907. Several men dressed in the regalia of the Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers are seen posing with the train as are several dignitaries in civilian dress. St. Thomas Street Railway car 80 is visible at right. Buildings on the north side of Talbot Street opposite Stanley Street, including the Shadrach Billing Flour and Feed mill, 173 Talbot Street. Overhead electric wires for the operation of the Street Railway are visible, as is an arc-style street light. View is looking northwest.
Accompanying digitized St. Thomas Times-Journal article published ca. 1961 describes this photograph and identifies some of those shown (P302.pdf)
Name Access
St. Thomas (Ont.)
St. Thomas Street Railway
Michigan Central Railway
Michigan Central Railroad
Pere Marquette Railway
Scott Studio
Subject Access
Railways
Parades
Images
Documents

Michigan Central Railroad Company fonds

https://inmagic.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives55231
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Michigan Central Railroad fonds
Description Level
Fonds
GMD
textual records
Date Range
1872-1962
Accession Number
2011-28
Storage Location
R6 S1 Sh3 B3
R6 S1 Sh3 B7
R6 S1 Sh1 B3
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Michigan Central Railroad fonds
Description Level
Fonds
Accession Number
2011-28
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 107
Storage Location
R6 S1 Sh3 B3
R6 S1 Sh3 B7
R6 S1 Sh1 B3
GMD
textual records
Date Range
1872-1962
Physical Description
7 volumes of textual records
History / Biographical
The Michigan Central Railroad (reporting mark MC) was originally incorporated in 1846 to establish rail service between Detroit, Michigan and St. Joseph, Michigan. The railroad later operated in the states of Michigan, Indiana, and Illinois in the United States, and the province of Ontario in Canada. After about 1867 the railroad was controlled by the New York Central Railroad, which later became part of Penn Central and then Conrail. After the 1998 Conrail breakup Norfolk Southern now owns much of the former Michigan Central trackage.
Scope and Content
Fonds consists of various records created and maintained by the Michigan Central Railway. Fonds includes:
Record of locomotives through St. Thomas shops for classified and unclassified repairs, with history of individual rail motor cars, 1936-1959 (R6 S1 Sh3 B7)
Locomotives repair/ maintenance logbook, with index, 1902-1936 (also contains a colour depiction of a standard type Grant locomotive, 1873 and a certificate dated November 13, 1962 attesting that R.G. Ray is a life member of Charity Lodge No. 5, B. of L.F. and E. (Brotherhood of Locomotive Firemen and Enginemen) (R6 S1 Sh3 B7)
Index of railway engines acquired and disposed of, 1880-1907 (R6 S1 Sh3 B7)
In volume with running head "Record of Traveling Auditor's Reports and Bond of Agent", records of the certification/ qualification, discipline and dismissal etc. for Michigan Central Railway engineers and firemen, 1872-1909. Not indexed. (R6 S1 Sh1 B3)
Records of the certification/ qualification, discipline and dismissal etc. for Michigan Central Railway engineers and firemen, 1872-1931. Indexed. (R6 S1 Sh1 B3)
Record of enginemen, 1903-1930. Not indexed. (R6 S1 Sh3 B3)
Record of enginemen, 1913-1930. Not indexed. (R6 S1 Sh3 B3)
Name Access
Michigan Central Railway
Michigan Central Railroad
St. Thomas (Ont.)
Subject Access
Railways
Business and Industry
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Scott Studio fonds
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1937
Storage Location
Box 76, Envelope 24108
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Scott Studio fonds
Description Level
Item
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 107
Storage Location
Box 76, Envelope 24108
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1937
Physical Description
1 negative : plastic
Scope and Content
Studio portrait, possibly of Paul Slaght, son of Albert B. and Pearl Slaght, residing at 218 Centre Street, St. Thomas, ca. 1937. Albert B. Slaght worked as a switcman with the Michigan Central Railway.
Name Access
Michigan Central Railway
Michigan Central Railroad
Images

MCR Seniority Roster

https://inmagic.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives76400
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Scott Studio fonds
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
1935
Storage Location
Box 46, Envelope 24820
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Scott Studio fonds
Description Level
Item
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 107
Storage Location
Box 46, Envelope 24820
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
1935
Publication
Posted on Facebook and Twitter: November 29, 2019.
Physical Description
1 negative : plastic
Physical Condition
Good
Scope and Content
Copy of the Michigan Central Railroad (New York Central Railroad, lessee), Canada Division seniority roster dated July 1, 1935. The list shows employees with seniority dates between November 15, 1904 and September 27, 1916.
Name Access
Michigan Central Railway
Michigan Central Railroad
New York Central Railway
Subject Access
Railways
Images
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Scott Studio fonds
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1934
Storage Location
Box 48, Envelope 22766
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Scott Studio fonds
Description Level
Item
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 107
Storage Location
Box 48, Envelope 22766
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1934
Physical Description
Glass-plate negative
Physical Condition
Good
Scope and Content
Studio portrait showing probably Walter A. Becker, agent, Michigan Central Railway/Canadian Pacific Railway freight office, St. Thomas, ca. 1934.
Name Access
Michigan Central Railway
Michigan Central Railroad
Images

1590 records – page 1 of 80.