Search Results

London & Port Stanley Railway- A southbound train pauses at the small passenger shelter at Union, Ontario, on April 20, 1952

Date:
April 20, 1952
Part Of:
Elgin County Vertical File Collection
Description Level:
File
Storage Room:
Archives Storage Rm. 110
Storage Location:
Box 152, File 20
R10 S3 Sh3 B2
Accession No.:
2013-37
Creator:
Heritage Port, Port Stanley
GMD:
graphic material
Physical Description:
1 postcard
Publication Info.:
Postcard is part of a set of ten postcards published ca. 2013 by Senton Incorporated. The images used are from the collection of Robert Weare.
Scope & Content:
London & Port Stanley Railway- A southbound train pauses at the small passenger shelter at Union, Ontario, on April 20, 1952. The three cars, #16, 23 and 18 (Kuhlman, 1909, St. Louis, 1907) were acquired from the Milwaukee Electric Railway and Light Co. in 1941, with coach 21, part of a 4-set purchase, to handle extra wartime passenger service on the L. & PS Railway. Two of the cars are preserved at the Illinois Railway Museum. Car #23 is now part part of a house at 34 Alberta Street, Grand Bend. But the Station survives in its original location, hosting passengers on the diesel-powered Port Stanley Terminal Rail, which operates the southern portion of the former L & PS Railway. Port Stanley is located on Lake Erie, about 50 km. south of London, Ontario.
Names:
Union (Ont.)
London and Port Stanley Railway
Subjects:
Railways
Thumbnail

Powered by DB/Text WebPublisher, from Inmagic WebPublisher PRO

Copyright © 2021 County of Elgin